Accountants may be some of the most successful professionals in the world and quite possibly some of the most famous. It turns out that there are a number of celebrities who, at one point, had a love for crunching numbers.
According to CPA Trendlines, the following notable stars all share a background in finance and accounting:
- John Grisham, author of A Time to Kill and The Firm, received an accounting degree from Mississippi State University
- Former Texas Rangers Manager, Kevin Kennedy, was a CPA and used to do his player’s tax returns to make extra money when he managed in the minor leagues.
- The current president of Arista Records, Tim DuBois, was also known as “The Singing Accountant”.
- An accountant named J Walter Diemer invented bubble gum in 1928.
- Janet Jackson studied to be an accountant.
- Before turning to Rock N Roll, the lead singer of the Rolling Stones, Mick Jagger, studied to be an accountant at the London School of Economics.
- Field goal kicker Ray Wersching, from San Francisco 49ers, was a CPA during the off-season.
Now it's your turn, any other fun finance facts?!