Current Labor Indicators
- Total Unemployment: 7.9%
- College Educated Unemployment: 3.7%
- Total Job Loss/Gain: +157,000
- Temporary Penetration Rate: 1.9%
January’s employment figures remained essentially stagnant in this month’s Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) report with retail and healthcare industries adding the most jobs. With tax season in full force; however, the demand for finance and accounting professionals is expected to increase. It’s only appropriate that this month we focus on the growth of the financial services sector and why employers can continue to expect employment gains in this industry.
Top 3 Reasons to Watch the 2013 Finance and Accounting Forecast
- BLS expects the finance and insurance industry to grow nine percent by 2020, and financial investments activities are expected to expand 25 percent by this same time
- Nearly half of the U.S. News and World Report “Best Business Jobs of 2013" stem from the finance sector
- Wanted Analytics reports a four percent year-over-year increase in the number of accounting jobs
Hiring Demand for Accountants
According to Wanted Analytics there were more than 70,000 jobs posted for Accountants in January.
Source: Wanted Analytics
Click here to print a PDF.